2nd Line Support Engineer
Our client, a pioneering force in the world of architecture, engineering, and design, requires a 2nd Line Support Engineer to join their friendly IT team at their flagship offices in Central London reporting directly to the Group IT Operations Director.
The successful candidate will be required to be onsite initially for 5 days per week until working confidently and independently. When ready, the engineer can move to a hybrid role (3 days per week on site and 2 days working remotely form home).
Hours are Monday to Friday with one weekend on call for support, every six weeks on a ROTA Basis.
This is a temporary contract to start asap – term TBC.
Day rate: Competitive Market rate
As a 2nd Line Engineer, you will be an integral part of the Global IT Operations team and will collaborate with colleagues in London, Manchester, and Toronto. You will work closely with the 1st and 3rd Line Engineers to deliver excellent, proactive support to staff across all client locations, within SLA.
- Resolve incidents and requests, across two current ticketing platforms, within SLA.
- Offer guidance to 1st Line Engineers to aid initial triage and to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Escalate issues to the 3rd Line team in a clear, consistent manner.
- Monitor the global network using industry standard tooling.
- Create, update, and maintain documentation within our IT knowledge base.
- Identify recurring issues and ticketing trends, reporting them into the Group IT Operations Director.
- Provide support to colleagues in other teams within the Central IT Group, ensuring queries are progressed and issues are recorded in our ticketing system.
- Contribute to the improvement of the IT service we offer, identifying where efficiency can be improved.
- Assist in the completion of projects, when required, working with our 3rd Line team.
- Strong understanding of both Microsoft Windows desktop and server operating systems..
- Experience working with Active Directory, Azure Active Directory (Entra), DNS, DHCP, LAN and WAN
- Knowledge of IT Security and firewalls.
- Experience of O365 user management and troubleshooting skills.
- Mobile Device Management (MDM)
- An understanding of PowerShell, SSO, automation, phishing, SCIM, application packaging and application deployment
- ITIL certification
- A confident team player, who can work independently, owning and handling tickets.
- Excellent customer service skills and should feel confident asking questions.
- Punctual and an excellent ambassador for IT.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer, and they are actively fostering an inclusive organisation where people can be themselves and everyone has a sense of belonging. They want their teams to be diverse at every level, reflecting the communities they design for. As designers, they will create spaces for all that promote equity, wellbeing, and participation within the built environment. Our client actively encourages people from a variety of backgrounds with different skills, professional and life experiences, to join them and help to achieve their aspirations. They also welcome applications from candidates who wish to work flexibly, and they operate a hybrid working policy.
Due to the volume of applications received, unfortunately we cannot respond to everyone.
If you do not hear back from us within 7 days of sending your application, please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.
Please do keep an eye on our website https://projectrecruit.com/jobs/ for future roles.