Data Centre Facility Engineer
Our client, a leading global supplier for IT services, requires a DC Facility Engineer to be based in their client’s office in Gaydon UK.
This is a fully office-based role based in Gaydon, UK
This is a 6-Month temporary contract to start asap.
Day rate: Competitative Market rate
- Responsible for the management of critical Data Centre resources and facilities, including UPS systems, Generator systems, Fire Systems, Air Conditioning systems, supporting server & network installations & floor space & any other system which is associated with it.
- Responsible for professional standards for Client’s Data Centres and is a vital element in the introduction, installation, movement and de-installation of new IT hardware within a live business environment.
- Operate & manage Data centre Facilities including UPS, Generators, AC’s, Fire suppression systems, CCTV, Physical access etc.
- Monitor and analyses the Data Centre environment for UPS, PDU & Air Conditioning reporting on regular basis
- Ensure maintenance work to Data Centre facilities is performed at the correct intervals. This work is scheduled in and out of normal working hours
- Liaise with external suppliers & contractors for Data Centre maintenance
- Ensure all documentation is accurate and updated within appropriate time-scales
- Resolve issues concerning Data Centre facilities and remote environmental monitoring
- Should be available 24×7 basis to support data centres in case of any critical issue
- Raise appropriate changes/records related to maintenance and coordinate with internal and external departments
- Plan & Schedule the regular maintenance
- Perform capacity planning for DC such as floor space, power etc
- Graduate with degree in electrical/ electronic/ computer science branch of engineering
- Experience in Data Centre environments and facilities would be beneficial
- Should have valid Current UK driving license
- Good experience in MS Visio/Office skills
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Good experience in client facing role
Due to the volume of applications received, unfortunately we cannot respond to everyone.
If you do not hear back from us within 7 days of sending your application, please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.
Please do keep an eye on our website https://projectrecruit.com/jobs/ for future roles.