EUS Hardware Support Engineer
Our client, a leading global supplier for IT services, requires a Hardware Support Engineer to be based in their client’s office in Solihull UK.
This is a fully office-based role.
This is a 6 month temporary contract to start ASAP.
Day rate: Competitive Market rate
The client’s EUS H/W support team Plant Floor & Eng sites are the front-line team dealing with End User Incidents and owning all IT related issues on behalf of the client. Working within a large multi-disciple, multi-site team, the EUS H/W support team will be focused on Incident resolution, problem management and process improvement.
- Ability to understand the Business from a user’s perspective.
- Remains visible to customers as the face of IT to listen to their concerns and share as needed.
- Proactively takes responsibility, owns any issues arising and follows through to resolve them (get the required result).
- Has Made customer-oriented decisions and shares great stories of exceptional customer service.
- Ensure that problems are logged, investigated, resolved and closed within agreed timescales.
- Complete data analysis to identify focus points for problem resolution based on customer impacts and documenting RCA’s.
- Proven focus and ability to identify and drive through Service Improvements and Incident Reduction.
- Proven focus on identifying and documenting User and Service Risks and Issues.
- Ability to co-ordinate incident resolution activity within and across IT teams, to ensure actions are completed within timescales.
- Work collaboratively with a range of people to support the wider business agenda.
- Always remains focused on the most critical / impactful task to hand using all resources efficiently and effectively.
- Excellent working knowledge of Plant IT/ Manufacturing devices, such as HP laser, thermal and impact printers is a key requirement.
- Specific knowledge of any or all of the following: Fujitsu, Intermec PX6i, Zebra 110 & ZT series, Microplex Solid T4, Printronix T8000 will be a distinct advantage.
- Excellent working knowledge of Dell Laptop/ Desktop and engineering workstations.
- Dell Accredited Technician status or achievable for warranty purposes.
- Practical methodical approach for fault diagnosis and remediation.
- Good awareness of Occupational Health and H&S Standards, working in a manufacturing environment.
- Working under pressure to strict SLA requirements.
- IT Literate with good communication skills.
- Ability and confidence to work alone when required.
- Client facing role.
Special working conditions:
- 5X24 shift rota comprising of Early/ Late/ Night/ Day shifts, also participate in a 1 weekend in 9 on call rota Sat & Sun 06:00 -18:00 with a 2-hour response to Plant.
- Optional weekend OT is available, subject to customer requirements.
- This role requires you to own a vehicle, as equipment will need to be transported across site where a replacement device is required on the Plant floor.
- Possess a valid UK driving license as there will be requests to support nearby Satellite sites
Due to the volume of applications received, unfortunately we cannot respond to everyone.
If you do not hear back from us within 7 days of sending your application, please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.
Please do keep an eye on our website https://projectrecruit.com/jobs/ for future roles.