Graduate Opportunity – Financial Data Researcher (Immediate Start)
Our client, a leading organization in finance, technology and financial news sector, is looking for diligent and highly motivated individuals to join their dynamic team. This is a 12-month temporary contract with an immediate start date and would suit a candidate with a strong analytical mind and demonstratable interest in financial markets.
This is a great opportunity for graduates to begin their career within a leading organisation in the technology and finance industry. This is a remote role, however the successful candidates will have to be present in the office during the training period in the City of London. You will get to work in a complex and exciting environment and will have the opportunity to apply for permanent roles within the business.
The projects will involve Quality Check of pricing data and procurement of documentation data from market providers by reaching out to them via email and phone, and publishing of the data on our client’s internal software using proprietary workflows.
The successful candidates should express strong interest in financial markets and possess good knowledge of various financial instruments.
- Sourcing and validating raw data as well as doing data quality checks.
- Reviewing the provided data from the sources and/or publicly available documents and publishing the data on our client’s internal software.
- Updating and processing data onto the database adhering to time sensitivity.
- Maintaining and enhancing existing database.
- Building relationships & communicating with key market players.
- Applying problem-solving skills to enhance processes and software.
- Take ownership and be proactive with key areas of responsibilities.
- Practical experience in data research and ability to derive information from public sources.
- Bachelor or/and Master’s degree in Finance/Economics or equivalent work experience.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel is a must and experience with programming languages is preferred.
- Knowledge or experience of International Finance is preferred.
- Knowledge or experience with Corporate Action and ESG is good to have.
- Ability to think critically and demonstrate examples of improving or developing processes.
- Strong organization skills with ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously within tight deadlines.
- Effective project management skills and ability to prioritize tasks in a fast pace changing environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (Verbal & Written) demonstrated in client facing environment.
- Ability to interact with leading finance professionals.
- Keen interest in financial markets is essential.
- Persuasion Skills.
- Strong attention to details.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applicants from all sections of the community, regardless of age, sex, gender (or gender identity), ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, and transgender status.
Unfortunately, we are only able to contact applicants who are successful to interview stage.