Project Recruit Limited
Business Analyst (Energy – European Power)
Our client, a global supplier for IT services, requires an experienced Business Analyst with a background in Oil and Gas industry to join their IT delivery team in the Gas, Power and Environmental trading division of their clients offices in London. You can work remotely until Covid abates.
This is 10 month temporary contract, to start on 15th March
The IT delivery team comprises of business analysts, data engineers and developers split between London and Bangalore delivering both custom built and vendor supplied applications to the trading business.
The Business Analyst is primarily responsible for identifying and documenting business requirements and working with technical teams to determine feasible solution options.
The role is part of a team focused on the growth of Electricity generation, supply and trading in Europe. There is an expectation it will encompass the end-to-end solution delivery lifecycle from idea and inception to assisting the support team, once the solution is live, with expert knowledge.
The ideal candidate can work as part of a global team with a strong track record as a Business Analyst working with as part of an electricity generator or gas & power trading business focusing on renewable assets and intraday trading.
You will have knowledge of European intraday markets including experience of how renewable assets are optimized. You will have recent experience of delivering IT solutions involving electricity generation.
Key Skills and Experience:
Knowledge of Business Analysis techniques and tools with significant experience in project deliverables including the ability to:
- Precisely capture business problems, value drivers, and functional/non-functional requirements
- Translate business requirements into functionality and assess the risks, feasibility, opportunities, and business impacts of various solution options
- End to End experience of European Power
- Asset Onboarding
- Wholesale Trading
- Experience of a translating requirements for ETRM System Analysts
- Detailed experience of
- Book Balancing
- Inter Book Transfers
- PnL Explained
- Extensive knowledge of electricity generation and intraday trading
- Experience working with short-term trading desks and IT development teams
- Experience working in Agile project Delivery
- Experience working in geographically distributed teams
- Team player and able to collaborate, proactively communicates and shares understanding and experience within a team
- Keeps up-to-date knowledge of the energy industry and energy trading
- Comfortable talking to business users and can translate business needs into tangible user stories or requirements
- Clear communicator and able to work in a multicultural/lingual environment
- Uses best practice analysis techniques but can change approach according to conflicting
- Uses initiative and owns their deliverables end-to-end
- Brings ideas to the table, is inquisitive and excited by new technology
- Used to working in a flexible, independent manner on a mixture of small unstructured and large