Project Recruit Limited
Project Manager (Insurance Domain)
Our client, a global supplier for IT services, requires an experienced Project Manager to join their Digital team in their clients’ office in Bournemouth. You can work remotely until Covid abates.
This is 12 month temporary contract, to start ASAP
The ideal candidate will have Insurance domain knowledge/experience, experience of transitioning or hybrid operating Models from Waterfall to Agile and experience in implementing MSA, technical product ownership.
The purpose of this role is to oversee the software development function for a suite of applications, bringing best practices to continuously improve the quality of work delivered through improved processes, standards and tools used for software delivery; to work with Service & Operations to set-up and evolve a continuous integration delivery approach including automated deployment of software into production. To provide expertise, technical authority and guidance whilst taking active ownership for the quality of development teams work.
- Follow a standard process, as defined by a professional project management organisation,(Prince 2 or PMP)
- Initiate the project – check feasibility and work out budgets, teams and resources
- Carry out planning – this will include setting goals and objectives, defining roles and producing schedules and timelines for tasks – in accordance with the needs of your client. Some tools, such as Gantt charts, can be used to create a visual project plan
- Select, lead and motivate your project team from both internal and external stakeholder organisations
- Manage the project – which includes coordinating the project team to keep them on track and keeping the project on budget
- Carry out monitoring and control activities in order to track the progress of the project
- Identify and manage risks to ensure delivery is on time
- Implement any necessary changes throughout the process
- Report regularly to management and the client
- Close the project – including evaluating successes and challenges to enhance learning for your next project.
- Excellent organisation skills, to plan the use of people and resources to meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills, to motivate and lead your project team
- The ability to monitor and control budgets
- Good communication and negotiation skills, to manage expectations
- The ability to use your initiative and make decisions under pressure
- technical knowledge related to the project may also be required.
- Track record of successfully delivering large or complex product / projects, with significant software development components through the full lifecycle
- Proven ability in leading, managing and growing development teams, developing good practices and driving continuous improvement in performance
- Knowledge of design and architecture concepts (i.e. microservices) and ability to apply knowledge within the development cycle
- Understanding of engineering principles and the application and execution within an insurance environment, e.g. pair programming, code reviews
- Good knowledge of software engineering practices including: BDD, TDD, continuous delivery and integration, full automation
- Understanding of agile development principles
- Governing and reviewing adherence to technical designs
- Insurance domain knowledge/experience is desirable but not essential
- Experience of transitioning or hybrid operating Models from Waterfall to Agile
- Experience in implementing MSA, technical product ownership would be advantageous