Project Recruit Limited
Our client, a leader in the financial services sector, has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and enthusiastic self-starter to join their Global Compliance Team that works to address regulatory issues, ensure compliance with current/developing rules and regulations, and correspond with regulators.
This is a rare opportunity to gain world class training and the opportunity to learn complex systems and build relationships with key stakeholders in an innovative and challenging environment. It’s a temporary contract for 4 months and potentially could be extended.
You will be responsible for screening alerts for Politically Exposed Persons (PEPs), Sanctions and Adverse Media in a timely and diligent manner, annotating and dispositioning them in line with provided guidance and escalating the alerts to the relevant compliance teams.
Applicants will ideally be fluent in another European language in addition to English, have excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate with finance professionals, strong attention to detail, a passion for financial markets.
- Reviewing the screening alerts for Politically Exposed Persons (PEPs), Sanctions and Adverse Media in a timely and diligent manner
- Annotating and dispositioning the alerts in line with the provided guidance
- When required, escalating AML/sanctions/PEP alerts (hits) to the relevant compliance teams and liaising with them
- Being familiar with the Firm’s definitions of PEPs and Adverse Media as well as adhering to the relevant parts of AML and Sanctions policies
- Performing basic research and investigation when required to discount hits
- Identifying any additional potential AML concerns to appropriate senior management during the screening alerts review process
- If needed performing client static data updates within the internal systems
- Assisting with MI to track the ongoing screening review progress
- 1+ years of experience in KYC or similar administrative role
- Experience with PEPs, Sanctions and Adverse Media screening
- Basic knowledge of risk factors in AML/Financial Crime
- The ability to meet strict deadlines/set targets
- Dedication to resolve pending queries or assigned tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to learn the new systems and tools quickly
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience in working with LexisNexis v.5
- Experience of CDD reviews
- A motivated individual who thrives in a dynamic, collaborative and international environment