Network Support Engineer
Our client, a leading global supplier for IT services, requires a Network Support Engineer to be based in their client’s office in Solihull, UK.
This is a fully onsite role based in Solihull, UK
This is a 3-Month temporary contract to start ASAP
Day rate: Competitative Market rate
- Network Administration, and support of Wider Network environment in a mission critical and highly available environment
- Diagnose and troubleshoot issues in Network IT Landscape
- System technical documentation for existing and new builds/configuration
- Co-ordination with vendors like cabling, ISP etc.
- Managing location/site specific Network uptime and work with other Architects for any changes
- Review and approve changes specific to the site
- Provide support on day-to-day network incidents and issues.
- Manage and maintain the On-site spares availability for network infrastructure.
- Coordinates with Network Delivery team for ongoing projects and provides support from Operations.
- Vendor Coordination with Telecoms, Service providers & OEMs in the event of any faults or hardware issues
- The ideal candidate must be CCNA certified
- Excellent in Cisco Routing and Switching environment LAN & WAN
- Troubleshooting skills for Cisco Environment in quick time (Nexus 5k and 7k series, Cisco Enterprise routers 3900, 3800 & LAN switches 4500, 3700, 3500, 2900 series) and Catalyst 9k
- Knowledge of Wireless technology autonomous and lightweight.
- Knowledge of DNS/DHCP/HPOV NNMi, Prime Infrastructure
- Excellent Knowledge of network sniffer for capturing logs (Wireshark/ Ethereal/ Solar-wind or any other equivalent)
- Experienced in coordination with Telecoms/Service provider/Vendor coordination
- Knowledge of cabling and various modules (Ethernet and Fiber)
- Graduate with degree in electrical/ electronic/ computer science branch of engineering
- Experience in Data Centre environments and facilities would be beneficial
- Excellent Communication skill
- Must have current driving license
- Good experience in MS Visio/Office
- Good organizational and communication skills
Due to the volume of applications received, unfortunately we cannot respond to everyone.
If you do not hear back from us within 7 days of sending your application, please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.
Please do keep an eye on our website https://projectrecruit.com/jobs/ for future roles.