PC Installation Engineer
Our client, a leading global supplier for IT services, requires a PC Installation Engineer to be based in their client’s office in Coventry UK.
This is a fully office-based role.
This is a 6 month temporary contract to start ASAP.
Day rate: Competitive Market rate
The client’s Asset Ops Team manage the deployment and installation of machines at different client sites and delivery of different machines/parts as per request from user. Working within a large multi-disciple, multi-site team, the Asset Ops team will be focused on machine/part deployment, manging return and collection of devices from all sites and managing inventory of assets and making sure all updated in CMDB timely and accurately.
- Configure settings on Windows workstations, perform backups & restores data and cover all areas of the disaster recovery plan.
- Proactively takes responsibility, owns any issues arising and follows through to resolve them (get the required result).
- Has Made customer-oriented decisions and shares great stories of exceptional customer service.
- Ensure that problems are logged, investigated, resolved and closed within agreed timescales.
- Complete data analysis to identify focus points for problem resolution based on customer impacts and documenting RCA’s.
- Proven focus and ability to Identify and drive through Service Improvements and Incident Reduction.
- Focus on identifying and documenting User and Service Risks and Issues.
- Co-ordinate incident resolution activity within and across IT teams, to ensure actions are completed within timescales.
- Works collaboratively with a range of people to support the wider business agenda.
- Always remains focused on the most critical / impactful task to hand using all resources efficiently and effectively.
- In depth and proven experience of Client Operating systems like XP, Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 10.
- Knowledge of procurement, device ordering, imaging and deployment.
- Proven track record supporting a Windows environment.
- 3 years’ experience within a large complex IT department/ organisation.
- Focuses on making sure computers and peripherals used are secure and have the correct software.
- Correctly managing image files and inventories, hands-on experience with imaging, deploying machines and troubleshooting.
- Understanding of Windows domains/ Active Directory.
- Basic hardware knowledge for installing parts in machine and deploying to users.
- Experience with hardware upgrades, refresh activity.
- Ability to understand the business from a user perspective.
- ITIL Foundation certified, ideally ITIL Incident/ Problem Practitioner.
- Possess a valid UK driving license as there will be deployment and support to nearby Satellite sites.
- Client facing role.
Special working conditions:
- Travel to other sites (Gaydon, Halewood, Solihull, Mercia, Castle Bromwich, Wolverhampton)
Due to the volume of applications received, unfortunately we cannot respond to everyone.
If you do not hear back from us within 7 days of sending your application, please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.
Please do keep an eye on our website https://projectrecruit.com/jobs/ for future roles.