Senior Business Analyst
Our client, a leading global supplier for IT services, requires a Senior Business Analyst with Energy Trading experience to be based in their client’s office in London, UK.
This is a hybrid role. You can work remotely in the UK and attend the London office 1-2 days per week.
This is a 6 month temporary contract to start ASAP
Day rate: Competitive Market rate
The ideal candidate will support the Client’s Energy business working in projects for Trading focussing on Gas trading activities and participate in delivering IT solutions in support of Client’s Energy Transformation.
- Responsible for the identification and documentation of business requirements, working with business, IT stakeholders and technical teams to determine feasible solution options.
- Manage the requirements and drive the solution through end-to-end lifecycle from design and development to handover to the support team.
- Translate business requirements into functionality and assess the risks, feasibility, opportunities, and business impacts of various solution options.
- Assess and model processes, data flows, and technology to understand the current value and issues, and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Propose designs / solutions which contribute to project delivery performance and co-ordinate input to devise project test strategy.
- Interact with multiple IT delivery partners to understand software limitations, deliver application designs, and ensure that business requirements, use cases are handled in Agile manner.
- Build relationships with both internal and external stakeholders, keeping them informed, managing expectations, developing trust, respect, and credibility.
- Able to link technical solutions with business strategy when working with business partners.
- Serves as an SME for specific tools, techniques, or business areas.
- Coaching and mentoring of the junior members of the business analysis team
- Generating innovative approaches to existing problems or new opportunities
- Should have 5 -15+ years total IT experience, 2-10+ years IT BA Experience.
- Should have University degree or equivalent.
- Experience with energy markets, trading, and operations
- Strong understanding of European Gas, including gas networks, balancing, scheduling, capacity, transportation, LNG, pricing, position, P&L and exposure management
- Should have working knowledge of different energy assets and trading instruments, including storages, capacity deals, swing deals, swaps, forwards, options, futures.
- Ideally should have knowledge of ETRM Systems
- Should have detailed knowledge of Front Office and Operations
- Good knowledge of Data Analysis, SQL and Power BI
- Should have experience of end-to-end project lifecycle delivery as a BA
- Experience working in Agile project Delivery
- Strong BA experience including capturing Gas Trading, Gas Trading Operations, UK and Europe markets, pipelines knowledge and storage experience
Due to the volume of applications received, unfortunately we cannot respond to everyone.
If you do not hear back from us within 7 days of sending your application, please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.
Please do keep an eye on our website https://projectrecruit.com/jobs/ for future roles.