Project Recruit Limited
Solution Architect (Digital)
Our client, a global supplier for IT services, requires an experienced Solution Architect to join their Digital team in their clients’ office in Bournemouth. You can work remotely until Covid abates.
This is 12+ month temporary contract, to start on 1st March
The Solution Architect is responsible for ensuring that changes to the clients systems are designed and delivered to a high quality in accordance with the appropriate architecture standards.
The Solutions Architect is accountable for understanding the business need and translating into technology solutions that are designed and built in accordance with the clients IT architectural standards.
The ideal candidate will have Financial Services experience and also experience of transitioning or hybrid architecture frameworks
Working closely with the wider architecture team, designing solutions that cross technical, product and application boundaries, ensuring that changes are designed, developed and delivered into service in compliance with standards
- Be the point of contact for resolving any architectural/integration issues with clients systems
- Act as an SME for technical changes in order to provide estimates for new projects or product enhancements
- Own, create and maintain system-level Solution Design documentation and seek relevant sign off
- Contribute to developing, maintaining and publishing of principles, standards, guidelines and processes at CADS (Committee for Application and Development Standards)
- Contribute to Design standards and Patterns, and forms part of the governing body of the EADA (Enterprise Architecture Design Authority)
- Support Projects and Product Enhancements throughout the development and delivery lifecycle
- Assist in Incident/Problem management, Root Cause Analysis and definition of solutions
- Works closely with the development team(s) – encouraging continuous improvement in the development, build, test and maintenance of the system
– Understanding of Solution Architecture principles
– Exposure to multiple technologies
– Demonstrable expertise in the use of appropriate tools/technologies for the design, development, build, testing & deployment of a wide range of applications
– Confident communicator – able to present complex technical issues in a clear manner to technical and non-technical audiences
– Experience of Agile Methodology
– Multi-task and prioritise across a number of projects and initiatives.
– Work independently and collaborate effectively across the organization.
– Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment – unfazed by late-breaking changes to scope and/or priorities
– Self-motivated, goal-oriented individual with the ability to take ownership of the task assigned
– Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
– Financial Services experience is desirable but not essential
– Experience of transitioning or hybrid architecture frameworks
– Experience in both Waterfall and Agile Delivery models and working within the teams
– You are required to understand and comply with all relevant rules, regulation and legislation applicable to your role.
- acting with integrity and due skill, care and diligence at all times
- ensuring that customers are treated fairly at all times
- ensuring that communications via any medium meet the principle of ‘clear, fair and not misleading’
- undertaking relevant internally arranged training on systems, processes and regulatory requirements relevant to your role
- identifying and escalating (through your line manager) risks that impact the business, customers or other third parties
- reporting (through your line manager) any issues and/or system/process failures that may impact on service to customers
Expected to work closely with
- Broader architecture function
- internal & external stakeholders
- 3rd party suppliers and Technology partners(on & off-shore)