Project Recruit Limited
Cloud Ops/SRE Technical Project Manager (GCP) – Banking
Our client, a global supplier for IT services, requires an experienced Cloud Ops/ SRE Technical Project Manager with GCP SRE experience and a background in Banking domain to join their team in their clients’ office in London. You can work remotely until Covid abates.
This is 6 months rolling temporary contract to start on 01st March.
- Develop cloud operations model for Network Operations support of Google cloud functions.
- Candidate will be required to engage with key stakeholders to move from using tactical on-prem solutions with Network management System (NMS) and NetOps to a cloud Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) model using an agile frame work.
- Develop transition plan to SRE model
- Engagement with Google on operational service design
- Liaise with client NMS Engineering
- Coordinate with Network Operations
- RACI development to support operational readiness
- People development planning (internal and external)
- Deliver documented plan with timeline created for strategic transition to production cloud setup that considers SRE.
- Actively managing tasks and deliverables for operational readiness work stream
- Review Googles cloud infrastructure reliability assessment readiness framework and provide recommendations network adoption and plan accordingly
- Client NMS team requirements for monitoring and management of resources, logging, alerting capabilities
- Client NetOps requirements for monitoring and alerting of cloud resources
- Network RACI socialised and agreed
- Provide a people development plan to support cloud agenda arranged for staff both internal and external
- Engage and communicate effectively and successfully with all stakeholders
- Discuss requirements and define the solution working with other teams.
- Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile Methodologies.
- Define, plan, document and communicate project scope, implementation and timescales.
- Manage a project through its lifecycle, coordinating all input from IT teams
- Report on project status using suitable reporting tools.
- Effectively and proactively manage and report on all project risks (including contingency planning), taking corrective action where necessary.
- Solicit and gain buy-in from project stakeholders to project approach and delivery objectives.
- Work with technical staff & resources as required.
- 10+ year relevant exp
- Some weekend work will be required from time to time